So click the link and see what he has to say....Good shit.
Friday, June 19, 2009
A mix I spent some decent time on, all jams.
1. Coming On To The Scene - Johnny & The Attractions
2. Richard Cory - Ken Boothe
3. So Nice Like Rice - Charlie Kelly
4. Drip Drop - Termites
5. Woman of the Ghetto - Phyllis Dillon
6. Dancing Mood - Delroy Wilson
7. Somebody's Baby - Pat Kelly
8. Deep Down - Hazel & the Jolly Boys
9. With a Girl Like You - Henry III
10. If You See Jane - Yardbrooms
11. Rougher Yet - Slim Smith
12. To Sir With Love - Dawn Penn
13. Go Away - Eric Donaldson
14. These Eyes - Lee Arab
15. Silent River Runs Deep - The Gaylettes
16. Rough Rider - Prince Buster
17. Pretty Looks - Cornell Campbell
18. Lets Go To The Dance - Prince Buster
Let's Go To The Dance
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
I've been a tad bummer-ed recently about some shit, and then I remembered this record existed. If you feel like wallowing, or if you happen to be one of those people who can't cry even when they're pretty upset, this record can cure you. Take once a day (preferably at night) with two bowls and a glass of wine. You'll be blubbering like a fucking mental patient in twenty minutes.
It rocks too....but shit, his voice just heaves, makes my chest tight.
Get mad, or get even
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
So...It has been ages, and I have no real good excuse. I just got the internet at my house so it's totally possible that I will be updating more. Either way, I have put together a comp. for all of you that includes my favorite skinhead jams from all of the stuff I have been listening to lately. There's some fantastic stuff on here and it is perfect for trying to pretend that it's nice outside (it is a balmy fifty degrees in Chicago right now).
This one should be a good jumping off point for most of you, some weird shit and some standards.
You A Pirate