Monday, April 6, 2009

Kevin Ayers - Bananamour




I know, I know...It's been a while.
I'm sorry.

Work has been kicking my ass, and I've been busy as hell.

I figured I'd throw this up here because I really can't stop listening to it.
I play 'Shouting In a Bucket Blues' for anyone who will listen to it, and I kept playing 'Decadence' on repeat on the drive home from Los Angeles.

There's something about Kevin Ayers that I didn't quite pick up at first. Now it's dripping from my chin and I can't get enough of the guy. Great guitar playing and a totally unique voice (both literally and stylistically) combine for a real strange musical experience. I know the word 'genius' gets thrown around a lot at people like Bobby Conn and Devendra Banhart and the like, but if you really wanna get to the root, try Ayers on for size.

Here ya go, dorks.

Bananamour

1 comment:

sondinivm said...

I've been looking to get to know his catalogue for a while...

Many thanks.