Monday, January 26, 2009

Santo & Johnny-Santo & Johnny




I've always really loved Hawaiian music, but have never been able to get past the fact that it was Hawaiian music. Right or wrong (wrong, obviously) i've never been able to get past the kinda inherent cheezy-ness. I guess that might explain why I was so drawn to the music of Santo & Johnny, because the Hawaiian influence is super evident, but it's taken in a darker, more rural-american, direction.

All this aside, a story from James on the beach in California spawned this post. Something about one of the brothers picking a drunk fight in bar and getting killed. I don't know if it's true, and to be honest, I don't particularly want to know. It's kinda revving my listening engine right now.

Absolutely beautiful and overlooked far too long....

Santo & Johnny

3 comments:

TommyTown said...

So, this is a great album. I saw ur into ace frehley? My dad was in the band frehleys comet.

Anonymous said...

damn I love Frehley Comet. Love Santo n Johnny. Your Dad was lucky to play with Ace a guitar hero of mine wich I carry as a tatoo on my forearm.

Fernando Bocadillos

zymbolo said...

Muchas Gracias !