Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Gories-I Know You Fine, But How You Doin'?



Bought this ages ago but never got into then. Listened to it a while ago after getting more into the Dirtbombs and realized how much better the Gories were. There isn't really much here that is goin to knock your socks off, but it's terrifyingly solid and the lyrics are really funny. Mick is a much better singer than I ever gave him credit for and I think I owe him an e-pology.
Songs like 'Thunderbird ESQ' and 'Nitroglycerine' are what rock songs should be...short, and dumb. Figured I better follow up the Bee Gees with something a little more accessible. Diggit!

1. Hey, Hey We're The Gories
2. Detroit Breakdown
3. Stranded
4. Goin' to the River
5. Early in the Morning
6. Thunderbird ESQ
7. Nitroglycerine
8. Let Your Daddy Ride
9. Six Cold Feet
10. Smashed
11. Ghost Rider
12. Chick-Inn
13. View From Here
14. Feral
15. I Think I've Had It
16. Charm Bag
17. Boogie Chillun
18. I'll Go
19. Hidden Charms
20. Sovereignty Flight
21. You'll Be Mine
22. You Done Got Wrong
23. Sister Ann
24. Give Me Love

i know you fine...

No comments: