Friday, November 14, 2008
Jacques Dutronc-1st LP (1966)
Last one for today. Keep up on the world music tip with my fav french stuff.
Dutronc is smarter than Dylan, and more french that Serge.
This record is great for a few reasons:
1. La Compapade. A completely insane tribal farce that alternates between my favorite and least favorite song on the record.
2. J'ai Mis un Tigre Dans Ma Guitare. I put a tiger in my guitar?? Seriously? Incredible. The delivery is soooo distant, alternating between snarky and reserved. I am by no means a french speaking American, but I feel like I can understand what he's saying on this one.
3. The production of the drums. Whoa. 1966?
4. How could you not love the cover of the album?
01. Les Play-Boys WHOOPS, MISSING....SORRY.
02. L'Espace D'Une Fille
03. Sur Une Nappe De Restaurant
04. J'Ai Mis Un Tigre Dans Ma Guitare
05. Les Cactus
06. Et Moi, Et Moi
08. On Nous Cache Tout, On Nous Dit Rien
09. La Fille Du Pere Noel
10. Les Gens Sont Fous, Les Temps Sont Flous
11. La Compapadé
12. Mini, Mini, Mini
Tracks might be out of order on the download....Sorry.