Monday, December 29, 2008

Urinals-Singles



So, today I put together all of my favorite stuff from the singles that the Urinals released for your listening pleasure.
We had the pleasure of sharing a night with these dudes in San Francisco this summer and boy, they are amazing...still.
Wonderful dudes who are still excited about music and still make incredible stuff. I gushed a lot at them and they responded hilariously. Just fun dudes to listen to stories from and talk music with. They even took it well when Intelligence covered 'Black Hole' immediately before they took the stage, which, well, wasn't a smooth move.

Lest we forget that there are some seriously legendary sounds in these here mp3's. 'I'm A Bug' was introduced to me by Nick Myers and was probably top five of my favorite songs in college. Check this stuff out. Some of it is pretty low-fi, but still just scorches. Everyone who digs post-punk should have this.

1. Dead Flowers
2. I'm A Bug
3. Ack, Ack, Ack
4. Hologram
5. Last Days of Man on Earth
6. Sex
7. Go Away Girl
8. Surfing With The Shah
9. Black Hole
10. U
11. I'm White and Middle Class

Urinals

No comments: